Saburo; an ordinary high school student, travels back in time to the Sengoku era (1549). He encounters a young lord who looks exactly like him and is told, “Be my substitute. I’m the eldest son of the Oda family, Oda Nobunaga.” After the young lord leaves, Saburo is mistaken for Nobunaga by a vassal and taken to the castle. He starts to live as Oda Nobunaga from this day. The young samurai of the Oda family which is merely a minor feudal lord, set out towards the extraordinary dream of unifying the whole country through the power of Saburo.
Saburo, a person from modern times who has no experience killing people, does not understand the willingness of the warlords of the Sengoku era to lay down their lives for their family. It is the same for the vassals too. They have had a hard time understanding Nobunaga’s actions ever since the ill-mannered, willful Saburo took over. Despite this “generation gap across space and time”, they are soon on the brink of achieving their dream.
Aired On: Monday
Network: Fuji TV
Duration: 54 min.
- Oguri Shun as Oda Nobunaga
- Shibasaki Kou as Ki Cho, Oda Nobunaga's wife
- Mukai Osamu as Ikeda Tsuneoki
- Kaho as Yuki
- Yamada Takayuki as Denjiro
- Fujigaya Taisuke as Maeda Inuchiyo
- Fujiki Naoto (藤木直人) as Takenaka Hanbee
- Takashima Masahiro as Shibata Katsuie
- Hamada Gaku as Tokugawa Ieyasu
Please login or register to see the full article